We have an application in PowerBuilder and have supplied a PowerBuilder runtime .MSI file to the users before installing the application. One of the users is getting a message of:
"Error writing to File:
Sybase.Powerbuilder.Webservice.Runtime.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory".
- PowerBuilder Runtime Packager
Reproducing the Issue
1. Start the PowerBuilder Runtime Packager.
2. Select the PowerBuilder Components and the Soap Client for WebService.
3. Create the PBCLTRT170.msi
4. Now try to run the *.msi on a machine where MS .NET Framework is not installed and you should see the error message.
Sybase.PowerBuilder.WebService.Runtime.dll has file dependencies on MS .NET Framework.
Install the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 and then run the .MSI file again.